Business software solutions come in a range of extendable packages, and one area, which are getting increasing attention and use, is the area of human resources and staff training. and training packages can help the human resources manager do more work than they used to, and do it with a keener eye for detail. Learning management systems are a must for any sized company. So what are these systems, and how do they really work?
· Web-based applications. The majority of these applications are web-based. This is because the client-server model is proving to be the most effective in business. Anyone can login from anywhere, and all the data stays centralised on your in-house or managed server. As we have mentioned in the introduction of this article, induction of your staff can begin before they have even entered your office. This can be extremely important when you are recruiting overseas, or you are expanding business in an area where you do not physically exist yet.
· They are flexible. Administrators can create their own learning and testing modules inside these applications. These applications are not only for technical work; they can be modified to suit any company, any duty, any task and any position. The central administrator of the company’s training and testing program does all of this. Think of these applications much like you think of WordPress. There are templates to work with, and you can modify the content with ease.
· They track results. A big part of training and testing is the total evaluation of your people. These applications keep a track of an individual’s results. All of this can be very important when it comes time to talk about promotions and salary increases. You have the solid data, and you have a timeline of how the individual has been improving himself or herself.
· Individual. With online packages, you don’t need to set up training courses and testing sessions. Why limit some individuals in your company who want to put in the extra effort and time to get ahead? Training and testing packages can be set up online so as individuals progress they have access to higher levels skills and knowledge.
· Monitoring your people. You put task procedures in place for a reason. Compliance training and testing is essential to check your people are continuing to do their job properly. With online and web-based applications, you can send out a request for your people to complete their testing when you require. On-the-spot compliance testing can be very effective to know what people are really doing, and they really know.
Some companies are finding this a very effective way to keep their people on their toes. There is no excuse for anyone not to attend the testing when the application is running 24/7 online. Send out the request to start the test as the first thing to do for that day. Everyone will get the message, and everyone won’t have time to prepare.
Good business applications are not rocket science. They are practical implementations of many of the procedures we already do, and did in the past. Technology makes that easier, and allows us more room for creative development and implementation.
Submitted by Sachin of Article Exchange to Warehouse IQ
Click if you would like to