Portable 5550W generator is adequate to power everything that is needed by a family for comfort in times of disaster. A generator is a very useful tool that could potentially save lives when it is required. For a generator to work, however, it is essential that it is properly maintained.are very useful in construction, for residential purposes, and during natural disasters. These optional standby generators allow you to freely generate power where it is otherwise unavailable. A reasonable
When to Service a Portable Standby Generator
1. Servicing a generator takes roughly an hour, so it is very easy to keep putting it off. The best practice is to service the generator twice a year at regular intervals. This will ensure that the generator is ready when you need it.
2. Keep a thorough service record of all of the generator maintenance that you make. Having such a record will ensure that you remember to fix any minor faults that have been worsening over time.
Maintenance Checks on a Portable Generator
3. Begin by checking the overall condition of the generator. Often portable generators are kept in a shed or garage and there could be any amount of damage caused as it lies idle. Check for rust, broken wires and faulty buttons.
4. Make sure you fix anything which has come loose or become frayed. Small problems like a loose connection are the things most likely to render the portable generator useless when it is moved to the area of need. The fact that the generator will likely be transported to its required destination makes it likely that loose connections will break and stop working.
5. Check the battery. The level of distilled water in the battery needs to be correct for the best power production to take place. It is also important to check the voltage of the battery because it is likely that it will need to be replaced roughly once every two years.
6. It is very important to change the lubricant oil and filters on an annual basis. Portable generators can require an oil change as frequently as once every 40 hours so it is important to always be aware of the state of your machine. Make a note of the change in your record book so that you are reminded when it is due. This process should be easily achievable with just the maintenance manual and the contents of your ute toolbox, but be sure to seek assistance if you are unable to carry out maintenance safely.
7. Check the bolts and spark plug. Bolts will loosen overtime on a generator because of the vibrations that it creates. Be sure to tighten bolts and change the spark plug annually because these elements will cause damage over the long term.
8. The fuel in a generator will lose its effectiveness if it is left dormant for long periods of time. To counter this you can add fuel stabilizers, drain and refill the tank, keep fuel on standby, or even opt for a lower maintenance fuel like liquid propane.
General Maintenance Proceedures for a Portable Generator
9. Run the generator regularly. Generators, like all motors, need to be allowed to run on a regular basis to prevent them from seizing up.
10. Remove all debris from the generator after use. Portable generators will become caked in mud, grease and other damaging substances when they are used. It is very important to remove any dirt before storing the generator to prevent damage.
11. Keep the generator in a cool dry environment. Portable generators need to be kept away from moisture, dirt and dust.
If you follow all of our tips your portable optional standby generator will always be at the ready when you need it!