Spring Ahead on the Competition!
See what the Competition is doing and learn how to get ahead.
After talking to a lot of Materials Handling companies, we found that things are looking very optimistic. Our survey questioned how they are doing and what specifically they were doing. We found only good things to report. We learned that a lot of companies (including your competitors) are putting in some very serious marketing efforts and the results are great.
4 Ideas for Increasing Customers
In order to beat your competition, you have to see what they are specifically doing. Here are the top 4 things that folks in our industry is doing and the details on how you can take it one step further to give yourself the competitive advantage you want and need.
1. Killer Database. Your list of customers is literally a gold mine. On average it takes 5 times more money, energy and resources to find a new customer than keeping one. For example sake, if you own a forklift business, a lifetime value of one of your customer can be roughly hundreds of thousands of dollars (equipment sales, parts, service, rentals and referrals). If you implement a CRM system that tells you how often there are issues, how often your account management rep reaches out to them, how often you keep in front of them with newsletters, cards, offers and such you are really making it difficult for the competition to get in.
2. Laser-focused approach. As they say, “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” However if you know what you want and the kind of customers you want, then put together a plan. A solid marketing plan where you have everyone involved in getting your ideal customer will dramatically increase your chances in winning that business. Have your sales and marketing team work together so that the President, Director of Operations, General Manager and Plant Manager of your ideal customer can see the benefits of working with your organization. With a focus and planning, you will dramatically increase your chances of winning the customers you’ve always dreamed of.
3. Consistent marketing. Guess how many times your messages need to be sent before a prospect considers working with you? About 10 times or more. Take a moment and put yourself in your prospect’s shoes; they are crazy busy people, they have too much work and too little time. They probably work late at night while the kids are in bed and the last thing they need is another sales pitch. They need solutions that will make their lives easier. Marketing strategies that work are consistent and come in all forms of media (from telemarketing, email, direct mail, video and etc.), but regardless of the media, it is pertinent to consistently stay in front of the prospect with some really great features, benefits and offers in your messages.
4. Lead Nurturing. When you have leads coming in, what do you usually do? Most of the time we have sales people call to follow up and leave it at that. If you have a “killer database”, you’ll discover that your costly leads are getting an average 2 “left voice messages” and maybe 2 “follow up emails”. After that, we say it’s a “bad lead”. The truth is, 70% of these leads end up buying sooner or later. A lot of Materials Handling companies are now putting the time and effort to nurture these leads so that they get the best ROI. It costs a lot of money to get someone interested enough to call you or fill out your online web form… the last thing you want to do is waste that money and effort. Your competition is nurturing their leads and making every marketing dollar worth it.
About Khach Customers and Why you should work with Us
Khách Customers is a professional material handling marketing company like no other. We provide innovative custom designed marketing and sales solutions dedicated to increase your Materials Handling business’ sales, market share, and growth. The following are a few key points differentiating us:
1. Unique marketing services specializing in helping you sell to more warehouses and distribution centers
2. 45 years of successful marketing and selling Materials Handling products and services
3. We truly know your ideal customers and have personal contact with them
4. Our database includes consultants, warehouses/DCs in; food, beverage, cold store, health care, long load handling, and pharmaceutical
5. We have doubled our own sales and we aim to do the same for your business
Interested in learning more? Go to www.khachusa.com or call us at 714-496-4499.